Instagram has added a long-awaited Recently Deleted feature that allows you to view and retrieve deleted posts. According to the company, additional security has been added to help prevent hackers from gaining access to your account and deleting posts you’ve shared. The feature is being rolled out in stages to both Android phones and iPhones, so it’s possible that not everyone will be able to use it right away.
Instagram now allows you to permanently delete or restore deleted content from Recently Deleted folder. Photos, videos, reels, IGTV videos and stories that you choose to delete from your feed will now be moved to
Instagram: How to Restore Deleted Posts
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore your deleted Instagram posts.
- Install the latest version of Instagram from Google Play or App Store.
- Open the app and go to your Profile.
- Tap the hamburger menu at the top-right corner and head to Settings.
- Go to Account and tap the new Recently Deleted.
- Your recently deleted content will be displayed on the screen.
- Now tap the post you would like to recover, and then tap the three dots icon at the top.
- Now you can either choose to permanently delete the post or recover it. Tap Restore to recover your deleted post.
- While restoring, you will first have to verify that it’s you for security reasons. You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your phone number or email ID.
- Now enter the code and tap Confirm.
- Your deleted Instagram post will be recovered.
For more tutorials, visit our tutorial section.